A few minutes from the historic center of Sirolo, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, Agromarino is in a strategic position to discover every day, relaxing, masterpieces of art, architecture, enogastronomy Marche. The Conero Riviera is not only known as a destination for an exclusive and refined tourism, but also as one of the most attractive areas of the Adriatic for its natural beauty, pristine and wild. For nature lovers, there are numerous possibilities for excursions outside of Agromarino: horseback riding, nature walks, boat tours, with itineraries that leave from the marina of Numana up to Portonovo. Instead, for lovers of art and history, the whole area and the whole region offers numerous sites and itineraries, testimonials of an ancient and fascinating past.
The center of Sirolo lies on the southern slope of Mount Conero and is included in the Conero Regional Park. At the foot of the village, under the craggy coast, lies the Urbani beach with the homonymous cave ending to the north with a high cliff. It’s protected by a round rocky barrier during winter storms. Here starts the San Michele beach, that is pebbled and equipped with bathing establishments. Then we find the
Sassi Neri beach, characterized by blocks of black schists of sedimentary origin on the shore. The Two Sisters beach is Sirolo’s most picturesque beach, named after the two twin rocks emerging from the sea; it is the first white beach to be found of the southern flank of Mount Conero. In summer it can be reached by boats departing daily from the port of Numana. In its lovely medieval center must see attractions are: the church of St. Nicholas, the Church of the Holy Rosary and the Cortesi Theatre. On the peak of Mount Conero you can’t miss the Romanesque church of “Badia San Pietro”.
The beach of the Two Sisters is the most characteristic and known Sirolo. So named for the twin rocks rising from the sea, it is the first white beach of the southern flank of Mount Conero. It ‚reached by sea thanks to boats, during the summer, depart daily from the port of Numana.
Numana is located along the central Adriatic Sea, at the southern slopes of Mount Conero. Its territory is almost completely included in Mount Conero Regional Park. The historic center is situated in the area called Numana Alta, as it is at the top of a cliff overlooking the sea; Numana Bassa includes the area below the marina. The Numana Alta beach includes two bays: the so called Spiaggiola and Beach of the Friars; Numana bassa beach stretches south of the port of Numana until the village of Marcelli, that is equipped with numerous beach resorts, campings and holiday clubs. There is a bike path that runs for 3 km from the Musone river to the the main street of Marcelli ; the path continues along Via Litoranea until the port. Numana boasts a nice marina, that can hold up to 800 small-medium tonnage boats; it has a pier reserved for sailing boats and several piers for motor boats. In Summer time there are daily boats to the Two Sisters beach located in Sirolo.
The main tourist attractions are: the rest of the bell tower of a church or of a watchtower; an archeological museum, documenting the history of the Piceni tribes who lived here until Rome muscled in; the Shrine of the Crucifix with a crucifix in cedar wood, a remarkable Byzantine sculpture dating back to the thirteenth century; the city hall, a palace built in 1773, once used as a summer residence of the bishops of Ancona; the Costarella, one of the most typical streets of Numana. Sport lovers have the opportunity to practice a lot of activities: hiking, biking, sailing, surfing, windsurfing, tennis and scuba diving. The most important event is the Feast of the Assumption of Our Lady, which takes place on August 14. The feast starts around at 9. p.m. with the celebration of the Mass at the port; after the service, the fishermen pay homage to the patron. At the end there are the fireworks on the sea.
Porto Recanati it is the northernmost coastal town in the province of Macerata. The central strip of the coast features pebbled and sandy beaches with steep sea. The area is completely flat and is located nearby Mount Conero.
The town preserves some important witnesses of its past. In the main square stands the medieval Castello Svevo, donated by Frederick
II to the city; it hosts in the first floor the Civic Art Gallery “Attilio Moroni.” To the south of the city is the archaeological area of the Roman city Potentia, where there are the ruins of the Abbey of Santa Maria in Potenza, founded in the twelfth century by the order of the Cross-bearers; moreover, there are the statue finds coming from diggings, preserved in the keep of the Castello Svevo. In the valley of the Scossicci area stands the church of the Banderuola, built on the place where, according to tradition, the Holy House (now housed in the famous Sanctuary of Loreto) stopped for the first time during its transfer to Italy.
Marcelli is a small fraction of Numana completely flat along the sea. The promenade is completely bordered by a bike path and on summer evenings the center is closed to traffic so as to allow you to enjoy an evening stroll in peace.
The rocky beaches of Ancona follow each other to the south; among them we note the Mezzavalle beach. The most popular beach south of Ancona is Portonovo. In the beach alternating stretches of scree and stony, with white and rounded limestone pebbles, considered one of the peculiarities of the locality. The presence of the woods in direct contact with the beach, together with open views towards the majestic structure of the Conero, are a major attraction of the area. Perfectly integrated in the natural paradise of the Bay of Portonovo, the Abbey of Santa Maria overlooks the white limestone cliff on which is perched. In harmony with the surrounding environment, partially hidden in the greenery, it is a real jewel of Romanesque architecture, made of machined blocks of limestone Conero. The Greek cross plan is divided into five aisles, the dome is divided into two parts and the main source of light is represented by mullioned windows features.
Ancona is situated on the central coast of the Adriatic Sea; it is on a promontory formed by the northern scope of Mount Conero.
The most remarkable monument of Ancona is the Cathedral of San Ciriaco. Further interesting sites are: the Trajan Arch, the Clementino Arch, the Mole Vanvitelliana, the Teatro delle Muse, the church of San Domenico, the Government Palace, the Civic Art Gallery, the Church of San Francesco alle Scale, the Archeological Museum of the Marche region, the city museum, the Museo Omero, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria della Piazza, the Loggia dei Mercanti and the Thirteen Spouts. The most popular dishes are the stockfish all’anconetana and brodetto, a fish soup. The mosciolo selvatico of Portonovo, protected by Slow Food, is a mussel that reproduces naturally and live attached to submerged rocks of Conero’s coast. Among the wines noteworthy is the Rosso Conero wine.
Camerano is a borough of the Conero Coast and the scenery is embroidered by the vineyards of Rosso Conero, full-bodied and structured Montepulciano grape wine that you can taste the best of this wine, and why not take home a little ‚of flavors of this land.
The Rosso Conero Festival takes place every year during the first week of September: eateries, stalls, street games, tasting moments into the night to celebrate all together.
Camerano is not just food and wine, but also the taste of the discovery of small treasures. Below the streets of the country runs a parallel, secret city that moves in a dense network of tunnels, caves and niches dug in underground spectacularly decorated with friezes, ornamental and religious symbols reasons..
Osimo is situated on the hills between the valleys of Aspio and Musone, 18 km from Ancona. It is an ancient town, surrounded by medieval and Roman walls. The historic centre has churches and noble palaces from the seventeeth/eighteenth-centuries. During the Byzantine time it belonged to the maritime Pentapoli and was a very important centre. It became a free town in 1100 and was dominated by Malatesta and Sforza. .
The Roman ruins of the walls (III-II BC) and the water garden Fonte Magna (I century BC), the church of S. Marco with a canvas by Guercino and the church of San Nicolo with its fourteenth-century gothic portal, the Sanctuary of S. Giuseppe da Copertino (XIII century, transformed in the XVIII century) with connected convent and cloister, the Cathedral of S. Leopardo – founded in the VIII century, but restored many times afterwards – with many antiquities like sarcophaguses, saints relics, medieval sepulchre and the Palazzo Vescovile. The Palazzo Campana (XVIII century) was originally a boarding school but now holds the Civic Art Collection.
The Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art in Osimo is situated inside the Baptistery of the Cathedral. The Civic Art Collection is inside the Palazzo Campana. Through the town hall it is possible to visit the International Accordion Museum and inside Palazzo Mondini is the Renaissance Museum with relics from the historic battle. Worth a visit is the Antique Arms Museum.
This statuesque small hill town was the scene of a celebrated battle in the fight for the Unification of Italy, when the Piemontese army routed the „crusaders“ of the Papal forces in 1860. It now styles itself the world capital of the accordion. In its Internation Museum of Accordion you can see more than 150 examples of the instrument. The town still has a thriving musical industry and claims that the piano accordion was developed here in 1863 from the more primitive Austrian squeeze box. In October the International Accordion Festival draws musicians from all over the world ; they can transform the sound of this humble instrument into unimaginable artistry.
The comune of Recanati lies on a ridge between the valleys of the rivers Potenza and Musone, offering a unique vantage-point over the gentle hills of the Macerata countryside with a view that stretches from the Sibillini mountains to the Adriatic sea. The town lives in the memory of Giacomo Leopardi, who was born here and described the town in his poems („natìo borgo selvaggio“).
WHAT TO VISIT: Famed for being the birthplace of Giacomo Leopardi, apart from the fascinating places that are connected to the great poet’s life, it also offers a rich artistic, architectural and cultural heritage, that includes a large number of churches from various periods of history, elegant noble piazzas and fine museums, brought together within the delightful old town centre which is surrounded by ancient walls. We advice you to visit: Leopardi Square which hosts the monument to the poet, the Palazzo Comunale, the Persiani theatre with work by Beniamino Gigli. The nearby church of San Domenico has a fresco by Lorenzo Lotto. Palazzo Leopardi (XVIII), where the poet was born, is now a museum and literary park. Not far away is the National Centre for Leopardi Studies.
The town of Loreto developed around the famous Basilica that contains the “Santa Casa” (the Holy House of Nazareth) where, according to tradition, the Virgin Mary was born, lived and received the announcement of the miraculous birth of Jesus.
Tradition says that, when in 1291 the Muslims finally expelled the Christians from Jerusalem and then tried to regain Nazareth, a group of angels took care of the House and, after some wanderings, spreading their wings took it to Loreto. For this reason, the Madonna of Loreto is venerated as the patroness of aviators.
Studies highlight that the origin of the House is Palestine in view of both the architectural style and the use of construction materials, unknown to the Marche territory and instead widely used in the Holy Land at the time. A recent theory, supported by the discovery of documents written after 1294, asserts that the transfer was the work of the Angeli Comneno princes, a branch of the imperial family of Constantinople, who carried the stones by ship. Both theories, in any event, concur that the House left Nazareth in 1291, passed through Dalmatia, remaining for about three years in Trsat (now a district of the town of Rijeka in Croatia), and arrived in Loreto on the night of December 9th-10th, 1294.
In 1469, on the initiative of the bishop of Recanati, Nicolò delle Aste and later with Pope Paul II, the first construction of the present basilica began, first with Gothic and later Renaissance forms. In 1586, Pope Sixtus V appointed Loreto to the diocese and the bronze statue designed by Antonio Calcagni and Tiburzio Vergelli, that is placed in all its majesty next to the entrance of the Basilica, was dedicated to him. The octagonal dome was the work of Giuliano da Sangallo and was built in the years 1499-1500. The statue of the Virgin Mary, made of embossed and gilded copper, is on the top of the dome’s lantern. Next to the white Istria stone facade, completed in 1587, stands the elegant bell tower (1750-55) by Luigi Vanvitelli. The shrine of the Holy House is positioned under the dome, faced with marble and with statues and reliefs, a masterpiece of 16th century sculpture. The highly evocative interior is a destination for pilgrims who come from all over the world to pray before the statue of the Black Madonna. The Museum and Picture Gallery of the Holy House of Loreto, housed in the Apostolic Palace, preserves paintings, sculptures, tapestries and majolicas from the Sanctuary and donated to the Holy House in the course of the centuries. The later works by Lorenzo Lotto, who died in Loreto in around 1556, stand out in the collection of paintings.
The Holy House Treasure includes valuable works of very refined jewellery.
… and you will always be updated about our news and special offers
„Opened in 1992, the Conero Golf Club is spread within the Conero Park, in the municipality of Sirolo. Almost seventy hectares where brooms, strawberry trees, oak trees, tamarisk and cherry trees surround the 18-hole championship course and five in the executive field. Six thousand meters of pure fun. The championship course, 18 holes, par 71, is a serious test for any golfer. The land is gently moved and offers a great variety of situations and landscapes: the first nine holes, the game is strongly characterized by the presence of a lake; in the second nine, the field turns and turns slowly.
From the hill, suggestions and rural landscapes of rare beauty accompany the player to the 18. At the center of the complex, the trail leads executive. Its 5-hole, par 17, it is the ideal ground to start playing and to have lessons with the teachers. This „short course“ enables competitions for children and beginners, golf clinics and refinement of the short game.
The Conero Golf Club is distinguished by the high quality standards of reception and services. In the clubhouse, the bar or the restaurant, in the pool, in the card room also who is not an avid golfer will enjoy relaxing moments. Two artificial grass also allow you to play tennis „.